Monday, September 8, 2008

A Case of the Mondays...

So it's not even one o'clock yet here on the West coast, and here's a list of today's issues:
  • Rumors are swirling that one of our managers is having an affair with an employee. Who told me? Well, one of the VPs to start with. And my truck drivers. Ridiculous. I got to play mom today and give them the speech. You know: we don't tolerate gossip here, I don't care what people do outside of work, and if anything affects your work environment it should be taken to HR. Am I still in high school?
  • I have a serious logistics issue with our bins program. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say POOR PLANNING. By the same VP, by the way, who has time to gossip.
  • The post office up in Hammond Indiana? Apparently their service is so bad, disgruntled local business owners had to call a meeting to discuss it. We're one of the lucky few, spending about 1.5 million dollars a year for postage in that area. Do they care enough to improve service? No. And our Amazon feedback is tanking as a result.
  • A side note: Hammond, Indiana is the hometown of Jean Shepherd. He wrote and narrated "A Christmas Story," and in the book, the story took place in Hammond (not Cleveland or Ontario, where it was filmed).
  • Also, my neighborhood up here in Tacoma was where both "10 Things I Hate About You" and "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" were filmed. In fact, my husband was one of the kids on the school bus in one of Rebecca Demornay's early scenes (she meets Claire on the street).
  • Back to work: the company we just bought out up in BC had no customer service department. At all. So that's been a fun mess to clean up.
  • Both of our forklift drivers are gone today, which not only adds to the logistics issue mentioned above, but it also means getting supply to the production line is, well... impossible.

And that's my lunchbreak. Back to work!

1 comment:

andydawn said...

I am glad you left a comment. It is great to see where 10 years has taken us since High School. I hope you don't have a Case of the Mondays the rest of the week!!