Friday, June 17, 2011

Things I Love

  1. Abilene, Texas on a summer night. Doesn't matter if it's Rosebud park with Bueno, driving home from Perini's, or the back porch at my parent's house.
  2. Crisp iced tea on a warm day.
  3. Golf courses on summer mornings.
  4. Finding the answer. To anything.
  5. Those long hard laughs that make you cry.
  6. Long bike rides with Jason through North Tacoma.
  7. Cleaning house on a Saturday with the windows open and country music playing.
  8. Days at the pool, outside on a hot day.
  9. Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
  10. My great-grandmother's back porch in Corpus Christi. Aloe plants, the smell of Off!, and that hot humid air.
  11. The sound of a lawnmower and the smell of cut grass.
  12. Coffee in my parent's kitchen.
  13. The scent of my grandmother's house.
  14. That soreness you feel in the day or two after a strength training workout.
  15. Wood-burning fireplaces.
  16. Playing Nintendo 64 with my little brother. Zelda: Ocarina of Time!!!
  17. Finding a brand new perfume and deciding it's going to be your signature scent.
  18. Afternoon naps.
  19. Quarterly and annual conferences. Yes, I'm a work nerd.
  20. Christmas mornings.
  21. Getting handwritten mail from family.
  22. The endorphin rush after a good cardio workout.
  23. The 4th of July in New Braunfels, Texas. Schlitterbahn, Comal River, Adobe Verde, and fireworks at the golf course.
  24. The sound of my dad's voice.
  25. Birthday cake.
  26. The way my shoulder fits perfectly under Jason's arm.
  27. Big Daddy's deep fried turkey.
  28. The airport when you're on vacation. I love the people-watching, the bustle, and the smell of other people's cologne and coffee. Feels like freedom.
  29. Crisp, sunny fall days in Texas.
  30. Vacuuming. I get a silly satisfaction from seeing those fresh tracks on the carpet.
  31. My sister's closet. So full of cute clothes, shoes, and accessories; it's better than any one store.
  32. Panera Bread Asiago bagels. Toasted, no cream cheese.
  33. Thunderstorms in the south: thunder, lightening, heavy rain, and the sun shining through right afterward. The smell of ozone.
  34. Holding babies
  35. Laundry: warm towels, the smell of bleach, Tide and Downy. Folding fresh t-shirts. Clean sheets.
  36. Jumping on big trampolines, like the one our parents got us when we were kids. I can still do a mean back flip.
  37. The smell of a room after Jason's been in it.
  38. Bubble baths and body scrubs.
  39. Easter candy.
  40. Ruffino chianti with rosemary bread.
  41. Quilts. Good, high-quality quilts.
  42. Our tempur-pedic bed and down comforter.
  43. Brand new carpet.
  44. Reading a good book for the first time.
  45. Reading a good book for the fifth time.
  46. Texts from Jason.
  47. Grown-up soul and R&B music.
  48. The innocence and confidence of children.
  49. Playing Monopoly with my cousins at Christmas. Much trash-talking and trash-eating (it's a family thing).
  50. Late July in Portland, at the Lion and the Rose B&B for Jason's birthday.

I am woefully, woefully behind in my blogging. I have about 5 posts I need to write and pictures to post. I'm making the commitment to getting that done this weekend.

In the meantime, here's a little something I wrote today. I don't know what inspired me, but I wanted to put down on paper a list of things I love. I think I'm feeling grateful for all the good things in life today.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Diana Richards said...

So glad you are blogging!!! I am eagerly waiting for your next ones!!! Miss you!

bmullen said...

Casey, I think 40 of these things are on my top 50 list!!!! Love it! And, we need to play a game of Monopoly!