The first thing I saw was a dozen roses and a dozen yellow tulips.
He stood up, gave me a hug, and gave me a card. The reason for all this? Just because.
It was a cold night; we decided to go have dinner at the Rosewood Cafe. When we got there, we noticed that it was much busier than usual. As soon as we walked in, we realized there was a wait (and there's never a wait!). We almost walked right into one man in particular, who seemed to know us, and I immediately recognized his face. The only problem was, I couldn't place him. Was he on our board of directors? A neighbor?
Jason said, "Now, where do I know you from?" I agreed; where did we know this guy from? Jason looked down at me, amused, and said, "You wouldn't be the guy that married us, would ya?"
It was the judge who performed our wedding ceremony! What a coincidence!
It was one of those nights when everything fell into place, as if it were planned. We got a table quickly, enjoyed their awesome food and wine, and headed home at 7 o'clock.
We decided to skip the internet and TV, and just talked for awhile. We lit a few candles, played with the cats (Sigmund has gotten HUGE, by the way!), and fell asleep by 8:30.
Now that's what I call a perfect night!
2 comments:
WOW! What a treat! Sounds like you really found a winner...can't wait to meet him! What a perfect night!
beautiful post, you are lucky and i love the just because days. happy thanksgiving, hope it was a good one
Post a Comment