Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 8

A week ago today, Jason headed down to Lakewood after work and met me at my office. We had just rented "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" and decided to get a drink and some appetizers at the Ram (a local restaurant and microbrewery) before heading home. When he picked me up, I felt fine. A little congested maybe, but as someone who's lived with allergies my whole life, that's pretty much par for the course.

By the time I finished my vodka cranberry and a few nachos? Miserable!

My lymph nodes were swollen, I had a sore throat and a stuffy nose, and I felt the tell-tale flush of a fever.

We made it home, and watched the movie (by a fire, under a quilt!), but that was the beginning of the end. For eight days now, I've been awake most of the night with a sore throat, uncontrollable coughing, fevers, and sore ears. Last night, I was reduced to sign language, as speaking - no matter how short the word - resulted in hacking coughs. Today's the first day I've felt a liiitttle bit better, so cross your fingers for me.

As for Jason? His care taking has taken its toll. He's home right now, probably on the couch in the den with a blanket and warm coffee watching NFL Replays. And this is a guy with an incredible immune system - he healed from a serious circular saw cut on his hand in less than 2 weeks.

This bug, whatever it is, has knocked us both down for the count.

2 comments:

Riley Kai said...

YUCK! Hope you both feel better soon!

Biddy said...

oh no! feel better soon!!